Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Everyone is Broken

I wasn't planning on writing this. But when God's spirit gets a hold of me and tells me to do something, I do it. It is different than most of the posts I have written so far. Eventually I wanted to write about even more topics on my blog, but like I said, God is saying now.

Broken. It is the one word that keeps playing over and over in my head tonight.
There are many different things that can make us broken.

Rejection, Abuse, Alcoholism, Betrayal, Rape, Lies, Divorce, Murder, Drugs, Depression, Guilt, the list can go on and on.

The truth of the matter is, everyone is broken from something. So if you are broken from something in your past that you have done or has been done to you, trust me, you are not alone.

I have been very bitter, angry and hurt by things in my past. Things that have made me very broken. I have been depressed and sometimes even angry with God. And to be honest, I sometimes still struggle with those things.

But I'm here to tell you something. Jesus doesn't want you to stay broken.
He loves you so much. He wants to come along side of you and help you fight the things that have made you broken.
In short, he wants to make you whole.

The first thing you have to do is step out and just say Jesus Save Me!! I need you.
And guess what, he will.

It doesn't mean that things will magically be better and all of your problems will go away. It means that you have the one who created EVERYTHING as your Lord and closest friend.

The next step I would encourage you to do is to get connected with people who are walking with Jesus as well. Even though he is my Savior, I still am in desperate need of encouragement and fellowship with others.
And if you already have Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life and are struggling, then cry out to him and enlist your family in Christ to pray for you too.

It doesn't matter what your past is, where you live, what your job is, how much money you have or don't have, how many friends you have, if you went to college and the list could go on and on as well.
What matters is that God loves you. He has a plan and purpose for your life.
And to be honest, I love you too. I want to encourage you. I really hope that if this has spoken to you, that you will contact me so that I can pray with/for you as well.



God also put this powerful skit on my mind. Don't let your brokenness beat you down. Let Jesus overcome it. 
                             


No comments:

Post a Comment